Monday, September 28, 2009

Athletic Underwear What is best for the Gym?




Athletic wear is so confusing. Have you ever felt like your yoga pants, should come with a pair of underwear designed specifically to go with those pants, I have. I am a runner, and enjoy running outside.

During the summer this means, running in tank tops, and shorts. Most of the jog shorts I own actually have underwear built in, so they are very comfortable, and I never feel like I am attracting unwanted criticism/attention.

Now that winter is approaching, there is another issue. During the colder months I still run outside. However, my yoga pants that I run in, do not have underwear built in. Which leads to the dilemma of what do I wear underneath?

I can wear full back cotton panties, which will have a line, and tend to go up into a thong shape while I am running, and will be wet when I am done since I sweat. All of which is extremely uncomfortable. Not to mention awkward when you pass your friends on the trail in the morning, and you find yourself doing the wiggle trying to get things back where they belong, or are trying to adjusting that "tag" in the back, or better yet walking backwards so that they don't notice that you have a wad in between your cheeks.

I can wear my thongs, which at least stay where I put them, and have a small enough back that I don't feel like I am smuggling something in between my cheeks. However this leads to another issue, most thongs are lace, and not exactly moisture wicking. Well, if you are like me this means that where your thong is on your body, you will also have sweat lines. No thank you, I am not sure that people seeing you have butt sweat is better than people seeing your wad panty line.

So what are you suppose to do? With another fall looming before us, I decided it is time to find underwear that are appropriate for the gym/exercise. Why not, we have bras designed for exercise, why not underwear?

I found some great underwear, that come in different styles, cuts, and colors for everyone. Here are my favorites:
Pure Lime Sports thong (0032) is a great fit, very light weight, and moisture wicking. Available in black, or white.
Cool Fit Boyshorts have a nice mesh side detail, great elastic that will keep them from riding up, and most importantly moisture wicking fabric. Available in an array of colors, they are also low rise to go with today's styles.
Panties in a Bunch offers a cute floral print, moisture wicking, and no bunching. Great silky material that allows for clothing to slide on, without the panties sliding up.

Check out some of these great athletic underwear to complete your gym apparel. You will be so glad you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment