Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Stretch Lace Thongs which is best?

Ok, so there are a million different versions of stretch lace thongs out there.  This of course all started with Hanky Panky's #4811 thong.  Women finding this thong was like caveman finding fire.  The heavens parted, and all dressing issues were answered(well for the most part).  Now there are a million interpretations of this thong.  Some of them cheaper, some of them smaller, some with prints, and so on.  But how do you know which is the best one?  When they can range in price from Fredricks of Hollywood $8.00 Bridget Stretch Lace thong, to Victoria's Secret Lacie Thong $16.00, to the original Hanky Panky original #4811 thong $18.00, to Cosabella's Never Say Never Bootie Lace Thong $18.00.  And what is the difference between all of these items anyway?!?  Most of them claim to be one size fits all, and to be totally seamless.  They are all suppose to hide under your clothes, and leave no panty line, and be the most comfortable panties you could ever put on.  

Well I did an in-depth comparison and here is what I have found:

The price is right, they are what you would expect from Fredrick's.  They are pretty soft, and not uncomfortable.  However, the quality is not great, buy this in bulk if you are going to buy them, the seaming was coming undone with in one wash, and the lace were frayed to the point of no longer cute.  Also, they are not seamless, they definitely showed under a tighter skirt.  T
hey are also extremely lowrise, meaning I hope you have a brazilian to wear these.  Also, while they do come in sizes, you might want to size up, they run short in the rise.  I wear a size 4, so I bought a small, and found that it was riding up.  But, if you are someone who doesn't keep panties for an extended time, then again the price is right.  I give them 2 out of 5 stars.

These are over priced in my opinion.  They were pretty comfortable, and were not as low as the Fredrick's.  However, I didn't find these to be much different in quality than the Fredrick's thong.  They looked pretty worn out after a couple of washings, the lace was completely frayed.  They hide better than the Fredrick's thong under clothes, but not invisible.  I did like all the color choices in this thong, and think they are cute, but still not as good as the original Hanky Panky that we all started with.  I give them 2.5 out of 5 stars.

It is hard to argue with the original.  These are very comfortable, and are good quality.  My biggest complaint with the Hanky Panky thong is that I find after wearing them a couple times they bag around the front.  Perhaps if they came in sizes this would be less of an issue.  Also, they are not completely seamless, they did show under my dress.  They did wash up nicely, and are very comfortable.  I give them 4 out of 5 stars.



At last a winner, make way for the new leader in stretch lace thongs!  These are so comfortable, and the lace is the softest I have ever felt.  I totally forgot I even had them on.  They have tons of stretch, 136% stretch as a matter of fact.  There are no seams, they are in fact seamless, and hid under my skirt.  They did not create the bag in the front after a few wears like the Hanky Panky.  However, I will say I think they run a bit smaller than Hanky Panky, so if you wear larger than a size 12, I may opt for the plus size version, which they do make.  I found this collection from Cosabella also come in two other styles of panty a low rise version, the Cosabella Never Say Never Cutie, and a boyshort, the Cosabella Never Say Never Hottie I am going to try these out next.  The only argument I have against these, is they need more colors.  I give these 4.5 out of 5 stars.


2 comments:

  1. Hey,

    My name is Alec from Designerintimates.com.

    I came across your site pixiepanties.blogspot.com when searching for the top lingerie and fashion bloggers for our partnership program. I particularly like your last post, it was spot on!

    Due to the content you are already sharing with your followers, I think we would be an excellent fit for each other and I am contacting you to find out whether you would also be willing to promote our brands on your site.
    Just to break it down;

    Designer Intimates is a new e-commerce store of highly successful and established lingerie brands Felina, Paramour and Jezebel.

    We receive on average an order size of between $60-70. We normally pay a Base rate of 7% in commission for every sale our partners make through their site, but I would be willing to increase yours to a Better rate of 15% for the next 90 days.

    I am confident you'd make a great promotional partner because Designer Intimates will be a great compliment to all the great advice and guidance you're already providing in your blog.

    If this is something that may interest you, please contact me through this email address affiliates@designerintimates.com to learn more about our partnership.

    Thank you for your time and any consideration you may give us.

    I am really looking forward to hearing from you

    Best regards,

    Alec/Affiliate Manager,

    affiliates@designerintimates.com

    www.designerintimates.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey,

    Just checking in to see whether you got my emails a few weeks ago?

    If not, I’ll briefly explain here...

    I came across your site pixiepanties.blogspot.com when searching for the top lingerie and fashion bloggers for our partnership program. I particularly like your last post, it was spot on!

    Due to the content you are already sharing with your followers, I think we would be an excellent fit for each other and I am contacting you to find out whether you would also be willing to promote our brands on your site.

    Just to break it down;

    Designer Intimates is a new e-commerce store of highly successful and established lingerie brands Felina, Paramour and Jezebel.

    We receive on average an order size of between $60-70. We normally pay a Base rate of 7% in commission for every sale our partners make through their site, but I would be willing to increase yours to a Better rate of 15% for the next 90 days.

    I am confident you'd make a great promotional partner because Designer Intimates will be a great compliment to all the great advice and guidance you're already providing in your blog.

    If this is something that may interest you, please contact me through this email address affiliates@designerintimates.com to learn more about our partnership.

    Thank you for your time and any consideration you may give us.

    I am really looking forward to hearing from you

    Best regards,

    Alec/Affiliate Manager,

    affiliates@designerintimates.com

    www.designerintimates.com

    ReplyDelete